San Francisco Parks Alliance Action Grants fund volunteer engagement and community actions to improve and encourage use of San Francisco parks, recreation centers, and open spaces. These grants are intended to support actions that will involve your neighborhood and be consistent with our mission. In 2016, the Parks Alliance will award grants of up to $5,000, including one recipient selected by an online voting process. Our areas of interest for this grant include:
- Supporting events and campaigns to recruit and involve volunteers in stewardship projects
- Supporting educational programming in public outdoor spaces, including youth, nature, and environmental education programming
- Activating public spaces to build community, and awareness of community needs
- Making physical improvements to parks, recreation centers, and public open spaces
- Purchasing supplies and equipment needed for recreational programming.
Application due date is March 16 at 5 pm
Application and instructions can be downloaded at this link. (Right click the link to save this Microsoft Word file to your desktop).