SFPA Action Grants
Submissions are due April 29, 2015. For more information about how to apply, download the application (.doc).
SFPA Action Grants fund volunteer engagement and community actions to improve and encourage use of San Francisco parks, recreation centers, and open spaces. These grants are intended to support actions that will involve your neighborhood and be consistent with our mission. In 2014, the Parks Alliance awarded eight Action Grants of $3,000 each from the 30 applications we received. Three grants recipients were determined through an online voting process; our grants committee selected the remaining five recipients. We also awarded $5,000 to our 2014 Volunteer of the Year -- Craig Dawson of Sutro Stewards.
Our areas of interest for this grant include:
- Supporting events and campaigns to recruit and involve volunteers in stewardship projects
- Supporting educational programming in public outdoor spaces, including youth, nature, and environmental education programming
- Activating public spaces to build community, and awareness of community needs
- Making physical improvements to parks, recreation centers, and public open spaces
- Purchasing supplies and equipment needed for recreational programming.